Timoshkina Olesya Al'bertovna, Candidate of juridical sciences, associate professor, sub-department of law-enforcement, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Frolova Diana Vadimovna, Notary, notarial district: Zarechny, Penza region (20A Lenina street, Zarechny, Penza region, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. The Constitution of the Russian Federation recognizes not only the existence of various forms of property, but also guarantees their equal protection. The notary is of great importance to the institution of protection of property rights since the Roman times of private law taking a separate place in this institution. Carrying out the function of protecting the rights and legitimate interests of subjects of legal relations, including property rights, a notary is guided by clearly prescribed ways, namely, performs notarial acts provided for by the law, i.e. carries out notarial proceedings or denies them. The purpose of the work is to analyze the grounds for refusal to perform notarial acts and its accomplishment procedure.
Materials and methods. The research tasks were implemented through analyzing the current legislation regulating notarial activities and court decisions on the issues of appealing against refusal to perform notarial acts. Comparative legal and formal legal methods were used as the main research methods in the analysis of the federal legislation regulating activities of the notary.
Results. The authors have investigated main cases of refusal to perform notarial actions and considered the procedural order of issuing a resolution on refusal to perform notarial actions and its appeal.
Conclusions. It is determined that the refusal to perform notarial actions is one of constituent elements of the obligatory activity of a notary in the field of rights protection. It is established that the absence of a separate index of cases and the determination of its shelf life in the Exemplary Nomenclature causes difficulties in systematizing the results of notarial record keeping.
notarial act, refusal to perform notarial acts, notary, protection of rights, socio-economic rights, property right, appeal, decision to refuse to perform notarial acts
1. Deklaratsiya o prave na razvitie : Rezolyutsiya General'noy Assamblei OON ot 4 dekabrya 1986 g. № 41/128, prinyata na 97-m plenarnom zasedanii General'noy Assamblei OON (Ofitsial'nyy tekst opublikovan ne byl) [Declaration of the right to development: Resolution of the UN General Assembley from 4th December 1986 № 41/128, adopted at the 97th plenary meeting of the UN General Assembley (The official text has not been published)]. “Garant” system. Available at: http://base.garant.ru/2565333/#ixzz4j6jBG8p4
2. Shvarts G. Rossiyskiy byulleten' po pravam cheloveka [Russian bulletin of human rights]. Moscow, 1995, pp. 3–30.
3. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva RF [Collected laws of the Russian Federation]. 2014, no. 31, art. 4398.
4. Bol'shoy yuridicheskiy slovar' [The great juridical dictionary]. Ed. by prof. A. Ya. Sukharev. 3d ed. Moscow: INFRA-M, 2008, p. 569.
5. Ral'ko V. V. Notarius [Notary]. 2009, no. 6, pp. 2–6.
6. Andropov V. V., Mironov I. B. Bibliotechka «Rossiyskoy gazety» [“Russian newspaper’s” library]. 2006, 30 September, pp. 95–108.
7. Shvakhtgen A. Notarial'nyy vestnik [Notarial bulletin]. 2002, no. 9, pp. 40–48.
8. Mal'ko A. V., Subochev V. V., Sheriev A. M. Prava, svobody i zakonnye interesy: problemy yuridicheskogo obespecheniya [Rights, freedoms and legal interests: problems of juridical support]. Moscow: NORMA, 2015, 192 p.
9. Grazhdanskoe pravo [Civil law]. Eds. A. P. Sergeev, Yu. K. Tolstoy. Moscow: TK Velbi, 2002, vol. 1, 765 p.
10. Baranov M. L., Goshulyak V. V., Grudtsyna L. Yu. et al. Nauchno-prakticheskiy kommentariy k Federal'nomu zakonu ot 21 noyabrya 2011 g. № 324 «O besplatnoy yuridicheskoy pomoshchi v Rossiyskoy Federatsii» (postateynyy) [Scientific and practical comments to the Federal law from 21st November 2011 № 324 “On free legal assistance in the Russian Federation” (item-by-item)]. Moscow: YuRKOMPANI, 2012, 98 p.
11. Vedomosti SND i VS RF [Proceedings of RF PDA and SC]. 1993, no. 10, art. 357.
12. Apellyatsionnoe opredelenie Moskovskogo gorodskogo suda ot 02.03.2015 po delu
№ 33-6225 [Apellate decision of the Moscow Municipal Court from 02.03.2015 regarding the case № 33-6225]. RRS “ConsultantPlus”. 2017.
13. Byulleten' Minyusta RF [Bulletin of the RF Ministry of Justice]. 2000, no. 4.
14. Rossiyskaya gazeta [The Russian newspaper]. 2014, 15 January, no. 6.
15. Pis'mo FNP ot 22.01.2015 № 151/03-16-3 «O sroke khraneniya dokumentov, sformirovannykh notariusom» (vmeste s Pis'mom FNP ot 03.10.2014 № 2739/06-06 «O sroke khraneniya dokumentov, sformirovannykh notariusom», Pis'mom Minyusta Rossii ot
26.12.2014 № 16-122259) [Letter to the Federal Chamber of Notaries from 22.01.2015 № 151/03-16-3 “On the terms of notarial documents keeping” (jointly with the Letter to the Federal Chamber of Notaries from 03.10.2014 № 2739/06-06 “On the terms of notarial documents keeping”, the Letter from the Russian Ministry of Justice from 26.12.2014 № 16-122259)]. RRS “ConsultantPlus”. 2017.
16. Apellyatsionnoe opredelenie Moskovskogo gorodskogo suda ot 28.10.2015 po delu № 33-39707/2015 [Apellate decision of the Moscow Municipal Court from 28.10.2015 regarding the case № 33-39707/2015]. RRS “ConsultantPlus”. 2017.
17. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva RF [Collected laws of the Russian Federation]. 1998, no. 7, art. 785.
18. Timoshkina O. A., Frolova D. V. Elektronnyy nauchnyy zhurnal «Nauka. Obshchestvo. Gosudarstvo» [Online scientific journal “Science. Society. State”]. 2015, no. 3 (11).
19. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva RF [Collected laws of the Russian Federation]. 1996, no. 1, art. 16.